Cal State San Marcos Seeks Applicants for Grant Writer/Program Coordinator for the California Indian Culture and Sovereignty Center (CICSC)
The California State University San Marcos (CSUSM) has a full-time, benefited Grant Writer/Program Coordinator position for the California Indian Culture and Sovereignty Center (CICSC).
Deadline to Apply: Open until filled.
Summary: Under general direction, facilitates research, development, review, and editing of departmental and/or institutional grant proposals; conducts basic research for potential funding sources and maintains databases; supports faculty and administration in developing proposals; assists in the development of CICSC program priorities, including development of education and outreach collaborations to further CICSC programs, University and community involvement, and funding; assists in the coordination and technical aspects of on-going grants and community collaborations.
- Master’s degree supplemented with one (1) year of related work experience
- Knowledge of federal grant guidelines
- Knowledge of grant guidelines associated with American Indian tribal governments and communities
- Writing and research skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal/human relations skills
- Ability to listen and develop information into grant proposals
- Ability to codify ideas into coherently written text
- Ability to work collaboratively with tribal communities and faculty in various disciplines
- Ability to operate personal computer with various software programs
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively
- Ability to pay attention to detail and maintain accurate records
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Facilitates, reviews, and edits grant proposals; conducts library and electronic research; compiles data; inputs and retrieves data via computer
- Conducts research on potential funding sources; maintains contact with external agencies
- Works closely with faculty and staff in developing and transforming ideas into grant proposals; interacts with campus constituencies involved in grant-funding activities; serves as departmental liaison to University grants administration
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of particular areas involved in identifying and soliciting grants; may collaborate with various internal departments
- May coordinate project activities; prepares and processes letters and correspondence, presentation materials, and manuscripts; maintains funding opportunity databases, activity tracking system, and related confidential files
- Prepares required reports on grant outputs and outcomes, including narrative, reports, logic models, etc.
- Assists the Director in working with partner organizations to assess and develop community service programs to meet the evolving needs of constituents
- Assists in marketing and public relations related to even planning and media coordination and collaboration
- Performs other duties as assigned
This position is funded and employed by the University Auxiliary and Research Services Corporation (UARSC). UARSC was founded in 1990 as a 501(c) 3 public, nonprofit corporation to support the mission of Cal State San Marcos, the 20th campus in the California State University system. Cal State San Marcos, with an enrollment of approximately 10,000, is located in the city of San Marcos (north San Diego County) just 18 miles from the Pacific Ocean. Its mission is to advance the University’s mission and goals by providing outstanding business services for commercial enterprises, grants and contracts, and student scholarships and programs.
Please apply by visiting the UARSC website, http://www.csusm.edu/uarsc/hr/employment.html, select “Regular (Benefited) Positions”, select “Grant Writer/Program Coordinator”, and then select “Apply” and be sure to submit a cover letter and resume along with your online employment application. For questions or if you experience any difficulties with the online application process, please contact Human Resources at (760) 750-4700.
UARSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.