The College of Business & Public Administration at Eastern Washington University invites applications for a tenure track Public Health faculty position in the Department of Urban Planning, Public and Health Administration to begin September 2013.
The Eastern Washington University Masters of Public Health supports the mission of the university by preparing students to meet the growing demands of population health in improving the health of all communities throughout the region, the nation and the globe. The goal of the program is to provide a highly trained and educated workforce for the numerous public and private settings needing public health workers. The program strives to provide affordable, flexible and practical educational experiences that promote community sustainability. The program offers rigorous interdisciplinary coursework in health promotion, epidemiology, health services administration and American Indian health. Community engagement through projects and internships is a key component of the program providing opportunities for application of knowledge gained in the program.
This is a new position and new program in the College. The teaching load will consist of 18 quarter credits per year. Scholarly activity must be at least sufficient to retain EWU graduate faculty status, and will need to meet department and college standards for promotion if candidate hopes to be promoted to full professor. Service activities will mostly derive from and be in support of the role as MBA Director. Administrative Release time to serve as the MPH Director will comprise 35% of the annual work load.
Position is open until further notice; screening will begin 11/26/2012. To be assured full consideration, your application must be complete and submitted through the online portal by the screening date. All materials will be held in strictest confidence; references will not be contacted until candidates have been notified.
Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
- PhD in Public Health or a related field
- 5 years teaching experience at the graduate level
- 5 years public health experience
- Experience in university administration
- Evidence of scholarly research and ongoing research program in public health
- Interest, experience and/or ability in promoting cultural competency and diversity.
- Online teaching experience
- Experience with CEPH accreditation
- Teaching and research ability in more than one public health area
- Teaching and research ability in other programs in the department (planning, public administration, health services administration) or college
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/b5n2245