The Department of Accounting and Information Systems at Eastern Washington University’s College of Business & Public Administration is currently seeking to fill a tenure-track position at the Assistant Professor level to start Fall 2013.
The college is committed to embracing diversity, broadly defined, realizing that a diverse learning environment is crucial for personal and professional success. Applicants must have a strong commitment to quality teaching, research and service, as well as excellent communication skills.
Eastern Washington University is a regional, comprehensive institution where excellent teaching must be supplemented with an appropriate research program. Eastern is co-located in Cheney and Spokane with an enrollment of over 12,000 students. We offer over 100 degree programs including both baccalaureate and masters’ degrees in
business. The College of Business & Public Administration is accredited by AACSB International.
This position will teach undergraduate and graduate courses in accounting; current needs include all accounting disciplines other than tax. Annual teaching load will be determined each year in accordance with university policies and the needs of the department. Active scholarship (including publication) and service are required and supported.
Position is open until further notice; screening will begin 11/26/2012. To be assured full consideration, your application must be complete and submitted through the online portal by the screening date. All materials will be held in strictest confidence; references will not be contacted until candidates have been notified.
Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
* PhD or DBA in Accounting or closely related field; ABD candidates will be considered; PhD must be conferred by 1/1/2014; all accounting disciplines will be considered other than tax
* Excellent teaching potential or experience;
* Willingness to teach in an online format
* Demonstrated high degree of interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency and/or diversity
* Strong research potential;
* Experience working collaboratively and effectively with students, faculty and administration;
* Teaching experience with a diverse community of learners;
* Teaching experience in online formats;
* Professional certification (such as the CPA) and/or working experience as an accountant is highly desirable.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/25k8ygd